Struck by lightening

So we know:

Lightening - (noun): Changing to a lighter colour

Lightning – (noun): An abrupt, discontinuous natural electric discharge in the atmosphere.

About these ads

About Boggleton Drive

I teach things to people and sometimes draw comics.
This entry was posted in Grammar Comics! and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Struck by lightening

1. I had a friend who was struck by lightening. A trip to the salon set her straight.

2. She didn’t dye, did she?

3. Zak says:

Oh god this one always pisses me off! Even after I pointed it out, a coworker still used “lightening” to describe an antenna that absorbs lightning strikes! Argh!

4. Russ Nickel says:

Usually it’s the other way around and involves a tanning salon overdose.

5. MichaelEdits says:

I’ve been railing against this one for years. People are often struck by lightening but they are never struck by darkening.

6. Paul Lamb says:

I expected the patient to be floating near the ceiling.

7. Rae says:

Wait, “colour”? You’re British?!

8. cgrymala says:

Boy, I sure hope he doesn’t “loose” any more of his color (another common misuse that drives me batty).

9. I do the same thing with British/American words. I always mix up grey and gray.

10. I live in a country obsessed with skin whitening, so this amused me in so many ways. :P
    (Personally, I like tan skin, especially when it’s natural.)

11. Janhvi says:

I never paid attention to this! thanks!

12. I was shocked by the ending,

13. The Waiting says:

I’m sad to say that I never even knew there was a difference between the two! You learn something new every day.

14. I’m another sad case. Now I am clear . Thanks! You brightened my day :-)

15. Paul Lamb says:

I saw this very word misuse in a novel I started reading last night: Catching the Drift by A.M. Hartsock. Immediately thought of Boggleton Drive.

Say stuff!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s